How To Get Youtube Premium Student Discount Membership (2021 Guide): The same YouTube platform that everyone knows and loves has decided to introduce an exclusive membership plan where eligible students get to sign up for premium account service at discounted rates.
That’s right; students enrolled at accredited institutions of higher education in America, India, the UK, as well as 60 other countries can now claim the YouTube Premium Student Membership and then proceed to enjoy ad-free media streaming at reduced costs.
This essentially means that the YouTube Premium & YouTube Music services will cater to all your video and audio entertainment requirements separately.
About The YouTube Premium Student Membership
Upon activation of the YouTube Premium Student Membership plan, you’ll initially get to use the service for a 1-month free trial period after paying about half of the regular monthly subscription amount.
With this affordable membership, you can enjoy the same non-discounted membership benefits.
As a member, you get to access premium YouTube and YouTube Music services, stream ad-free media, as well as download music and video files for offline listening and viewing. You can even play media with a locked screen and in the background while other apps or running.
Also, both of the premium YouTube services on offer are supported on Android and iOS systems.
To be eligible for YouTube Premium Student Membership, you’ll have to be enrolled full-time at a higher education institution in the US, United Kingdom, India, and a host of other eligible countries. Also, this discounted premium subscription offer is valid for 4 years, however; qualified students will be required to re-verify their eligibility and accounts after every year.
YouTube Premium Student Membership Features & Benefits
Before we proceed with describing how to get premium student membership on YouTube, let’s find out more about what services you can expect.
While it still isn’t yet clear whether these discounted subscription rates will be the same for both Android and iOS users, eligible students can access ad-free versions of both YouTube music and movie streaming services.
Some other YouTube Premium Student Membership features include:
- Downloading videos for offline viewing & listening
- Ad-free streaming and offline media access to YouTube Kids app content
- Unlimited and ad-free access to YouTube videos
- 1-month free YouTube Premium trial offer
- Ability to play music in the background while other apps are running and with a locked screen.
Youtube Premium Student Discount Membership Price & Eligibility
The truth is not everyone can afford to maintain the YouTube premium subscription which now goes for about 11.99 USD monthly in the United States and INR 129 every month in India.
The YouTube Premium Student Membership, on the other hand, offers up the same non-discounted service at 6.99 USD in the United States (along with a free trial period of 3 months. While in India, the membership can be activated for just INR 79 monthly (along with a free trial period of 1 month).
Members are also allowed to cancel their subscription at any time, even while the free trial duration is still active.
You must also meet the following criteria to be eligible for the YouTube Premium Student Discount:
- You must be a registered student at an accredited university or college.
- Must have attained the minimum qualification age of 16 years.
- You must live in the US, UK, India, or any other eligible country.
- Your school must be accredited for the YouTube student discount offer.
- An official document from your institution verifying your enrollment status.
How to Get Premium Student Membership on YouTube
Looks like you’re finally ready to sign up for Premium Student Membership on YouTube. Then you should know that YouTube makes use of a SheerID service to confirm the eligibility of students for this plan.
You can go ahead to confirm your school’s accreditation status by visiting either of the official YouTube Premium or YouTube Music premium student membership web pages.
Are you an eligible student? Here’s how you too can sign up for the YouTube premium membership:
- You can start by launching your web browser and then navigating to the official YouTube students’ premium registration web page. Once there, look out for the Try it FREE icon and then click on it to proceed.
- Afterward, YouTube will automatically redirect you to the SheerID verification web page. Once there, you can proceed by clicking on the Continue button.
- Afterward, a registration form will appear on your screen. You’ll have to supply the correct info in the fields provided on this legal document. Next, you must tick the Terms & Conditions checkbox. Now you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and then provide a valid email address. You can click on Next once you’re done.
- At this point, you will be required to upload a valid document that contains your legal full name and confirms your enrollment status in an accredited institution. Copies of school-issued documents like your transcripts, or student ID can be uploaded by clicking on the Add button. You can click on Submit afterward to initiate the uploading process.
- Next, a notification will appear on your screen letting you know that your uploaded ‘Document has been sent for verification’.
You may have to wait patiently for up to 48 hours to allow for proper verification. Once done, a notification will be sent to you via email along with a link to finalize your registration.
That’s it. Now that you’ve learned how to get youtube premium student discount, you can save money by subscribing to the premium YouTube plan at discounted rates.
Here ends our discussion about the exclusive discounted YouTube offerings for eligible students.
Now you know how to enjoy premium YouTube entertainment for half the original price.
- Best Free Youtube To MP3 Converter (2021)
- Best Free Youtube Downloaders To Download Youtube Videos Free
- How To Watch Deleted Youtube Videos
- Warframe Promo Codes List (100% Working)