The Rangers are clearly a playoff team.
They could end the season as one of the best teams in the NHL. That likely will take a few potential trades to be made though. While the trade deadline is not until March, the Blueshirts should already be thinking about a couple of potential moves to bolster the roster if they want to go on a deep playoff run.
That was a big topic of discussion this week on the latest “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker. The Post’s Larry Brooks makes his return to the show to break down what player might make sense for the Blueshirts to acquire.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron, Mollie & Jake:
- TAXI SQUAD: Want to see more of Morgan Barron. We are getting to see what some of these players are made of with key players out on COVID list. Rangers learning how to win with players out of the lineup.
- GOALTENDING: Looking forward to Igor Shesterkin’s return. Alexandar Georgiev has done a serviceable job, but he needs to be a backup.
- RON LEARNS TWERKING: We react to the viral Kodak Black video that had hockey Twitter going crazy. Ron learns what twerking means.
Larry Brooks Interview:
NY Post senior hockey writer
- ADVERSITY: Going through this will benefit the Rangers down the stretch.
- EVANDER KANE: He does not make sense. Fake vaccination card should disqualify him.
- TOMAS HERTL: Why he should be a trade deadline target for the Blueshirts.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes drop Thursdays during the regular season.