Easy to follow tutorial on adding local music from your PC or Phone to your Spotify account! You will be able to add these local songs to all of your playlists and sync them across your Spotify devices!
Learn how to add local music to playlists on Spotify now!
If you found the video helpful please consider subscribing to our channel and liking the video!
– This can only be done on the PC version of Spotify.. You can end up with the local music on your phone too but you have to start by adding it to the desktop.
– On my PC I have just prepared some tracks that I want to add to my Spotify, for organization I have added them all to this folder on my desktop.
– Launch Spotify on your computer.
– Start by hitting the 3 dots button at the top left, clicking edit and then choosing preferences.
– In the Spotify settings, scroll down to the ‘Local Files’ section and enable the option called ‘show local files’. This will add a local files folder to your Library.
– Below that setting it shows where Spotify is finding songs on your PC to sync, as you can see it is currently getting music from my downloads folder and my Music library folder..
– I have my music saved in that custom folder I showed you, if you do too, add a new music source here.
– Simply select the folder which contains your music.
– Now that’s done if you go to the local files page in your library, your custom music should be here. Because i downloaded the music myself,it doesn’t show the right artist or album info on spotify..
– If you want you can add that yourself by going back to the folder on your PC, right clicking the song, selecting properties, details, and then editing the details you wish to add.
– You can play the tracks on your PC right away, but if you want to play them on your other devices too this is what you do. (note you will need premium spotify to do this)
– First. Add those new songs to a playlist.
– Now jump over to the phone or other device. As we can see the music is in our playlist but we can’t play it yet.. All you have to do now is go the playlist settings at the top and then select ‘download’ .
– This will download the tracks from your playlist including your custom imported songs so you can play them via your phone, even offline.