GTA Vice City Download – How to download GTA Vice City in Laptop or PC?: When it comes to popular video games, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is undoubtedly one of the (if not THE) most acclaimed video gaming franchises ever made.
Of course, we now have other modern-era battle royale game titles like PUBG and Fortnite developed for the foremost mobile platforms, but the classic GTA game still commands a huge following especially on desktop or laptop PCs.
Almost every gamer I know has either played GTA or has at least heard about the series.
The love for this brilliant game has even grown to the extent that the Windows PC version (launched back in 2002) was recently remade for enjoyment on the latest computer systems as well as on Android and iOS platforms.
Our goal here is to help you attempt to relive those good old memories by providing DIY guidelines on how to download GTA Vice City on PC systems.
Pay close attention to the details.
- 1 About Playing GTA Vice City on Your PC
- 2 Minimum System Requirements for GTA Vice City
- 3 How to Download GTA Vice City on Laptop Or PC
- 4 In Conclusion
About Playing GTA Vice City on Your PC
Just in case you’re a newbie to the GTA series, you should know that it plays out in eighties’ Miami settings and its interactive open-world mechanics is part of what makes the game so popular.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (or GTA Vice City) was launched as a sequel to GTA III and the gameplay will involve you with earning a reputation for yourself among the fiercest criminals in town.
You play as Tom Vercetti; a renowned mafia character that’s looking to expand his gangster territory towards the south coast where you’ll have to explore the open-world fulfilling missions and mingling with the local gangs to carve out a niche among them.
However, the major challenge that most GTA Vice City fans are faced with is the fact that the game was developed to run primarily on PS 2 consoles, which means it is now outdated and no longer receives developer support.
But the good news is the game is also supported on both Windows & Mac computers which means you get to install & play GTA Vice City seamlessly on your desktop/laptop.
But before we proceed to describe how to download GTA Vice City on PC, let’s find out what you’ll need for optimal performance on your computer.
Minimum System Requirements for GTA Vice City
While most of the foremost laptop/desktop computers available on today’s market can run the graphics intense GTA Vice City game quite easily, a lot of the older PC models might struggle to perform.
You’re always better off knowing whether your machine meets up with the minimum system specs required to run the game.
Below, we’ve identified the minimum hardware specifications needed to run GTA Vice City seamlessly on your computer without lags or crashes:
- CPU: 800 MHz AMD Athlon / 800 MHz Intel Pentium III / 1.2 GHz AMD Duron processor / 1.2GHz Intel Celeron.
- Minimum RAM: 128 MB.
- Minimum Storage: 915 MB of hard disk space must be available plus an additional 635 MB of storage if your video card is not DirectX Texture Compression supported.
- GPU: Must be a 32 MB video card processor along with compatible DirectX 9.0 drivers.
- OS: Windows 2000 / 98 / 98SE / SP3 / SP1 / XP or higher.
- DX: DirectX 9.0 or above.
- Sound: Must have a Sound Card installed along with compatible DirectX 9.0 drivers.
How to Download GTA Vice City on Laptop Or PC
You’ll be pleased to know that there are different ways to learn how to download GTA Vice City on PC and each of them is quite straightforward.
All you need is stable internet connectivity on a computer that has the minimum specs required to run the game.
After downloading & installing the game successfully, you can then proceed to launch it and wander around the entire Vice City area while performing missions.
There are 3 different ways to download, install, and run GTA: Vice City on your computer. We will describe each one in detail right here:
1. How to Download & Install GTA Vice City via the Internet
Looks like you’re serious about learning how to download GTA Vice City on PC systems; let’s start with one of the most uncomplicated methods anyone can apply to download the game.
- You can download the game’s setup file from the internet free of charge and then install it on a compatible system.
- You can get this done by clicking on this link to gain download access to the Google Drive version of GTA Vice City or you can perform a random search on Google. We also recommend that you visit the game’s official website where you can also find the latest file copy.
- You should also examine the web page closely for DIY instructions on installing the GTA apk file.
- After downloading the game file, you will likely have to use WinRar or other RAR format extractors to decompress it.
- Once the extraction process is complete, you can initiate the installation by opening the game folder and then clicking twice on the Setup file.
- Next, follow the on-screen setup instructions after which you’ll have to wait a few minutes for the installation process to be completed. Afterward, you can launch the GTA Vice City game, to begin your adventure.
That’s it! You’ve just discovered how to download GTA Vice City on PC systems via internet sources.
2. How to Download GTA Vice City Via Steam On Laptop Or PC
Steam users will be pleased to know that they can now download the latest GTA Vice City apk from the Steam platform for installation on their computers.
Note however that you will be required to purchase it outright before any downloading can begin. This approach is one of the most legit methods GTA fans can use to own a copy of the game at an affordable price.
Here’s how to proceed:
- You can start by launching the Steam app that’s installed on your computer. Or if you prefer, you can visit the official GTA Vice City webpage on the Steam Store via a web browser.
- Once there, you can click on the Install Steam icon if you wish to install the app, or you can skip this part and proceed to sign in to your online Steam account.
- This next step will involve you choosing which GTA Vice City version you would prefer to install. Afterward, you can click on the Add to Cart button.
- What follows next, is the process of payment where you’ll have to choose any of the options available.
- Once the transaction is successful, the download process will begin and you’ll have to wait until it is complete. Afterward, you can go to the download folder location on your system and then launch the game file.
Congrats. Now you get to play GTA Vice City directly on your computer.
3. How To Use USB, Flash, or CD Drive To Install GTA Vice City
This final method in our guide on how to download GTA Vice City on PC does not require the use of the internet since the file source is either a CD or USB flash drive.
Here’s how to get this done:
- You can start by finding a USB flash drive or CD which contains the setup file for GTA Vice City. You could try buying a copy from a store nearby or borrowing one from a friend.
- Next, you’ll have to insert the CD or USB flash drive containing the GTA setup file into your desktop/laptop computer and wait a few seconds to allow your system to detect it.
- Afterward, you can go to This PC or launch your file explorer>Removable drive (E :).
- Locate the GTA: Vice City file setup you just downloaded and then click twice on it to start the installation process.
That’s it! Once the installation is complete you can begin playing the game.
Note, however, that you’ll have to insert the source GTA CD or USB flash drive into your computer every time you wish to play the game since it is likely to be an unlicensed version.
Now that you know how to download GTA Vice City in laptop or PC, you can roll back the years to relive one of your earliest digital adventures.