10 BEST Video Downloader for Chrome in 2020 – The year is 2020 and Google Chrome still ranks among the most popular web browsers on the planet.
In recent times, this open-source tool has developed even further with more focus on refining stability while improving the overall user experience.
It now enables seamless user access across several media hosting websites and applications including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and others.
But because of the ever-increasing number of media file hosting formats on the internet, the in-built Chrome download manager sometimes fails to perform as expected.
The good news is there are lots of other third-party Chrome extension tools and apps that can outperform everyone’s favorite web-based download manager.
Here’s a handpicked selection of top Chrome video downloader options for you to try!
- 1 List Of 10 Best Video Downloader for Chrome (2020)
- 2 The Takeaway
List Of 10 Best Video Downloader for Chrome (2020)
1. Video Downloader for Chrome
Looks like you’ve finally decided to install a proven YouTube video downloader for Chrome browsers. This one comes with tools you can use to search the web for your favorite media files and download them in various viewing formats.
- Lets you download multiple videos simultaneously.
- You get to preview videos before downloading them.
- Allows you to create media playlists.
- You can select your preferred video quality.
- You get to skip sponsored ads during video playback.
Itubego is yet another noteworthy YouTube downloader for Chrome you should try out. Once you enable it, you can proceed to save your favorite YouTube videos effortlessly in any format.
- Apart from Chrome, Itubego is also supported on other web browsers including, Firefox, Opera, and Safari.
- Comes with an in-built YouTube converter for modifying videos into MP3, MP4, HD, and 4K visual formats.
- You get to enable single-click downloads from Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and close to a thousand other media hosting sites.
- Once you download a video, the Itubego extension will automatically search the web for matching subtitles.
Install Addoncrop now and you too can benefit from using a top video downloader for Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge, and other popular web browsers. This brilliant extension is already well-known for supporting, 480P, 720P, and 1080P video resolutions.
- Lets you save videos directly from YouTube in different format options.
- Video customization options are available for all your media downloads.
- You get to copy videos onto the clipboard.
- Can be used to hide YouTube video comments.
- Lets you use auto-play for your saved videos.
4. Video Downloader Professional
This next Chrome video downloader recommendation on our list will help you save videos from media hosting domains or you can simply copy them onto your video playlist without downloading them.
- Video Downloader Professional users can select their preferred download resolutions.
- Multi-language support (French, English, Dutch, etc).
- Lets you cast videos in MP4 format onto your big screen TV via Chromecast or on Google Home.
- User-friendly and quick navigation access to your saved video files.
5. Video DownloadHelper
Video DownloadHelper is a useful Chrome video downloader that supports HTTP Live Streaming (HLS). This Chrome and Firefox web browser tool is already popular for letting users save online videos directly onto their local hard disk.
- Lets you download entire image galleries.
- You can control multiple downloads.
- You get to blacklist fraudulent websites.
- Lets you rename downloaded video files.
- Comes with a customizable user-interface and controls.
6. Video Downloader PLUS
All you have to do is click on the Video Downloader PLUS extension icon on your Google Chrome web browser and you can proceed to download online videos directly onto your PC within seconds.
- This handy video downloader for Chrome lets you save multiple media files simultaneously.
- Can play videos in AVI, MP4, MOV, WEBM, FLV, MPG, ASF, and many other formats.
- This ad-free YouTube video downloader Chrome extension will let you record videos and live streams online.
- Lets you skip unwanted parts of the video during playback.
- You get to download an unlimited amount of videos from Dailymotion, Facebook, and other popular media hosting sites.
7. Stream Video Downloader
So you want to install a working Chrome video downloader?! Then you’ll be pleased to know that Stream Video Downloader is a must-have web browser tool that was built for various media playing needs.
- Lets you save video clips from various media hosting domains.
- You get to select from different streaming qualities.
- You can download multiple live video streams at the same time.
- Multi-language support including English, Dutch, French, German, etc.
8. VLC Video Downloader
The VLC Video Downloader extension is a must-have YouTube video downloader for Chrome. This robust web browser extension is feature-laden and could easily turn out to be your preferred media playing tool.
- Supports AVI, MP4, MPEG, ASF, and other media playing formats.
- Lets you download web-based videos effortlessly.
- Super lightweight size and performance won’t interfere with your browsing experience.
- Support for English & Polski dialects.
- Lets you adjust video quality.
9. vGet Extension
Once you install the vGet Extension on your Chrome browser, you get to detect and download embedded videos on any website. It gets better because you can play them directly on your Smart TV via DLNA.
- vGet can be used on AllShare devices and Xbox consoles.
- Multi-language support including English, French, Dutch, etc.
- Supports Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) media.
10. Online Download Manager
You can go ahead and enable the Online Download Manager Chrome extension for all your web-based media playing needs. This brilliant tool provides multi-language support and lets you sync downloaded media files to the cloud platform.
- Lets you download video, audio, documents, and images in various formats.
- You get to download multiple media files simultaneously.
- Enables you to determine which sites the video downloading tool will work with.
Now that you’ve read our post on top Chrome video downloader extensions you must already have a better idea of how to enhance your web-based media productivity.