10 Best Free Typing Software/Typing Tutor Software 2020 – Most modern-day activities involve the use of a computer and this has made typing skills an essential component of contemporary living. Hence, your speed & accuracy while inputting text are essential to your overall productivity.
Whether you’re an employee, a student, or a die-hard gamer, things can get quite slow and embarrassing for you if you’re slow at typing.
The good news is it’s never too late for you to learn and develop your proficiency at typing.
Luckily there are tons of typing training software you can use to learning the basic techniques while hastening your progress and increasing speed & accuracy.
And even though learning how to type can sometimes seem like a monotonous and tedious process, the best typing applications tend to feature ergonomics lessons, accuracy training, and timed exercises designed to assist users with learning & improving their ability in the shortest time possible.
In this post, we have identified the best free typing software tools anyone can use to build muscle memory, adapt to their strengths & weaknesses, and iron out typing flaws.
Here are our thoughts on each one:
List Of Best Typing Tutor Software To Use In (2020)
Let’s start with one of the most trusted typing applications you can use to monitor your progress for free. With Typing.com, you too can enable a robust contender for the best free typing software that’s suitable for all age groups & experience levels.
- Comes with engaging 1-minute, 3-minute, and 5-minute typing tests and games.
- Digital Literacy, Keyboarding, and Coding lessons.
- Standardized Testing & Preparation tips.
- Support for district and classroom typing management.
- Offers typing lessons and instructions in English & Spanish.
2. TypingClub (Free Typing Software)
TypingClub has consistently ranked among the best free typing software tutors anyone can use to learn & develop their touch typing skills. It was designed to assist the user with customized TypingClub tutorials and class management options.
- Laptop Typing Practice.
- Speed Typing lessons.
- Comes with educational tools and mobile apps designed to help tutors with designing typing lessons.
- Comes with wide-ranging tutoring experiences on offer from videos to games, and various typing challenges.
- You get to build finger muscle memory and stay motivated.
3. The Typing Cat
Performing keyboard touch typing tasks online becomes a lot easier once you enable The Typing Cat one of the best free typing software tools developed for newbie and advanced typists alike.
- Comes with 10 minute daily exercises designed to improve your typing accuracy & speed.
- Lets you try out various keyboard layouts including Workman and Dvorak.
- Upgrade to the pro version to access more typing lessons and customization features.
4. Typing Master
Let’s now introduce you to Typing Master; one of our best free typing software recommendations for Windows PC users. Regular use of this program will enable you to test your word per minute (wpm) typing speed & accuracy levels.
- Vision-Based Learning.
- The Pro Typing Master version comes with a WPM sampling tool that was developed to handle business recruitment & training tasks.
- Typing games will help add fun to your learning experience.
- Step-by-step learning method.
So you want to use the best free typing software?! With Ratatype, you get to learn how to speed type with accuracy. This brilliant program lets you complete touch typing tasks and practice your online keyboarding skills at zero cost.
- You get to take a series of typing tests and receive online typing speed certification.
- Learn new typing techniques.
- One of the best typing applications out there that teaches the user how to improve their sitting posture while typing.
- Comes with Voice-To-Text and dictation tools.
You can opt for RapidTyping one of the best free typing software tools we’ve sampled recently. It can boast of a series of customized lessons and extensive training statistics designed to help you develop your typing prowess.
- The virtual keyboard feature is easy-to-use and it will guide you on proper finger placement for improved typing.
- Comes with visual teaching aids for kids and adults.
- It has an intuitive interface that offers multi-language support.
- Displays entire typing course statistics in form of tables & diagrams.
Perhaps you’ve been scouring the internet for the best typing program you can install on your computer; with TypeLift, you get to enable free courseware for touch-typing that is supported on popular web browsers.
- Lets you practice your keyboard skills efficiently.
- Functional tools and data types are available for various projects.
- Customizable typing lessons.
- You get to access more awesome features by upgrading to the pro version.
- Your writing progress gets displayed instantly.
8. Key Hero
Once you install Key Hero, you get to use one of the best free typing software tools currently available on the software market. Apart from helping you improve your typing speed and proficiency, the Key Hero program also copies your digital logins and favorite keys so you can regain user access to websites, apps, and services with minimal effort.
- Lets you share reminders with other Key Hero teammates.
- Enables keyword & traffic analysis.
- Supported on Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista.
- You get to enable a live progress tracker, set daily goals while monitoring your progress.
Goodtyping.com offers guided lessons to its users to assist them with learning typing basics. You can use it to acquire proper typing skills with all your fingers after just a few hours.
- All its typing courses are web-based so no downloads are required.
- You get to complete the entire typing course along with all the available tools.
- You get to master the art of typing fast.
10. Touch Typing Study
This final entry on our list of best typing tutor recommendations offers accurate typing tutorials and also lets you practice to further develop your typing ability.
- Lets you assess your typing proficiency after taking a speed test.
- You get to choose from different keyboard layouts on offer.
- Comes with up to 15 different typing lessons available for free in major languages.
That’s it for our discussion about the best typing applications you can install right now.
Any one of them can be used to enhance your typing abilities.